Effective August 2021
PURCHASE DAY PASS
To enter our facilities, all guests are required to sign a participation waiver (a parent/guardian must complete the waiver for minor participants under the age of 18). The waiver only has to be completed once and is available online at www.thesay.org/waiver.
• Guests are welcome to visit the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA for use of the fitness center, weight room and participate in lap swim, open gym or group exercise classes.
• The Summit Area YMCA actively participates in the YMCA Nationwide Reciprocity Program and welcomes Nationwide YMCA members to the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA.
• Reservations are recommended for group exercise classes. We encourage you to view availability and make reservations before coming to the YMCA via the SAY Mobile App or online at www.thesay.org/schedules.
• Day passes are available for purchase for $20 and are limited to specific locations. Therefore each day pass must be purchased for the specific location you plan to visit.
• Day passes are available for purchase for guests 13 years old & older.
• Guests 18 or older must present a valid photo ID upon check-in.
• Guests must adhere to all member participation, safety protocols and program specific policies, ie. those listed on our Member's Code of Conduct.
• Guests who purchase day passes are limited to 2 total visits per month with a maximum of 5 visits per year between both the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Summit YMCA locations.
• Guests who redeem complimentary day passes are limited to a maximum of 3 total visits per year between both the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Summit YMCA locations.
• 7-day Trial Memberships are available to potential members to explore the Y prior to joining. See terms & conditions below.
• Guests are not permitted to participate in any paid program sessions. These programs are exclusively for registered members only.
• Facility access may be denied to guests found in violation of the Member Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy. Additional restrictions may apply.
• If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
• The Summit Area YMCA reserves the right to change these policies at any time. In this ever changing landscape, all policies and available programs may be subject to change upon short notice.
Our trial memberships provide potential members with 7-day access to use the fitness center, weight room and participate in lap swim or group exercise classes at the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA.
Trial Memberships Terms & Conditions
• Trial memberships begin the day you sign up and expires 7 consecutive days later.
• Are limited to one-time use per person.
• Based on our Guest Pass Policy, participating in a trial membership means you will have exhausted your allotted maximum of 7 total guest visits to Summit Area YMCA locations per year.
• Available for guests 18 years old & older.
• Guests must adhere to all member and guest participation, safety protocols, program and location specific policies. Facility access may be denied to guests found in violation of the Member's Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy.
• Guests are not permitted to participate in open gym or any paid program sessions. These programs are exclusively for registered members and paid participants only. Additional restrictions may apply.
• Trial membership access is limited to the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA only.
• Not redeemable for cash.
• Summit Area YMCA reserves the right to modify or cancel the Trial Membership program at any time.
Have specific questions? Please contact us.
If you have specific questions about available offerings, reservations, check-in procedures, safety measures, cleaning protocols and more please contact us.
Check out our special offers and join online today!
Please note: To ensure that all members and community members can interact within a safe and secure space, the Summit Area YMCA has teamed with Raptor Tech, whose instant screening program allows Summit Area YMCA staff to better protect members and guests from unwanted visitors, namely sexual offenders. All adults over the age of 18, including guests and volunteers, will be required to present a piece of state or government issued photo identification and get cleared by the Raptor system before being able to enter any Summit Area YMCA facility. If a potential threat is identified, the Raptor system sends instant alerts to designated management staff via email and text, law enforcement will be notified if necessary. Over 26,000 school and community facilities throughout the United States are protected by Raptor, a program with a comprehensive database with over a decade of accumulating data updated on a weekly basis.
Have specific questions? Please contact us.