Effective November 1, 2020
• Guests are welcome to visit the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA for use of the fitness center, weight room and participate in lap swim, open gym or group exercise classes with the purchase of a $20 Day Pass only.
• The YMCA Nationwide Reciprocity Program is still suspended until further notice. This is a temporary restriction and we hope to welcome Nationwide YMCA members back very soon.
• General visits to workout in the fitness center do not require a reservation, however capacity limitations do apply (as per the Governor's Executive Order). Facility access may be denied to day pass guests if the facility is at maximum capacity. Real-time branch capacity is now available for members to view on our website and via the Info Center on the SAY Mobile App.
• Reservations are required for all lap swim sessions and group exercise classes. We encourage you to view availability and make reservations before coming to the YMCA via the SAY Mobile App or online at www.thesay.org/schedules.
• Day passes are limited to specific locations and therefore each day pass must be purchased for the specific location you plan to visit.
• Day passes are available to guests 13 years old & older.
• Guests 18 or older must present a valid photo ID upon check-in.
• Guests must adhere to all member participation, safety protocols and program specific policies, ie. those listed on our Reopening Guide and our Member's Code of Conduct.
• Guests are limited to 2 total visits per month with a maximum of 5 visits per year between both the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Summit YMCA locations.
• Guests are not permitted to participate in any paid program sessions. These programs are exclusively for registered members only.
• Facility access may be denied to guests found in violation of the Member Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy. Additional restrictions may apply.
• If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, have travelled internationally or to any of the states on the NJ quarantine listing, we ask that you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
• The Summit Area YMCA also reserves the right to change these policies at any time. For more information, please contact us.
To learn more about available offerings, updated program specific participation policies, reservations, check-in procedures, safety measures, cleaning protocols and more please review our Reopening Guide prior to your visit. Please note, in this ever changing landscape, all policies and available programs may be subject to change upon short notice. Questions? Please contact us.
Join online today and take advantage of our special $0 Join Fee offer, typically valued at $95!
Please note: To ensure that all members and community members can interact within a safe and secure space, the Summit Area YMCA has teamed with Raptor Tech, whose instant screening program allows Summit Area YMCA staff to better protect members and guests from unwanted visitors, namely sexual offenders. All adults over the age of 18, including guests and volunteers, will be required to present a piece of state or government issued photo identification and get cleared by the Raptor system before being able to enter any Summit Area YMCA facility. If a potential threat is identified, the Raptor system sends instant alerts to designated management staff via email and text, law enforcement will be notified if necessary. Over 26,000 school and community facilities throughout the United States are protected by Raptor, a program with a comprehensive database with over a decade of accumulating data updated on a weekly basis.
Have specific questions? Please contact us.