WELCOME TO THE Y!
We're happy to have you join us!
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY
5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
6:30 AM - 5:00 PM
7:00 AM - 3:00 PM
SIGN THE WAIVER
All members and guests must sign an updated Summit Area YMCA participation waiver online before participating in any Y activities. A parent/guardian must complete the waiver for any minor. The waiver only has to be completed once.
REAL-TIME BRANCH CAPACITY
General visits to workout in the fitness center do not require a reservation, however members are required to check-in to maintain an accurate capacity. The numbers show the percentage of members checked in to our facilities. As the number moves towards 100% it means there are more members in our Y relative to the total capacity.
For visits to the Berkeley Heights YMCA, please enter through the main front entrance.
For visits to the Summit YMCA, please enter through the back door (accessible via the parking lot near Cedar Street).
Branch capacity is also available via on the SAY Mobile App.
COMMITTED TO YOUR SAFETY
With guidance from the local and state authorities, we have incorporated numerous new safety measures and cleaning protocols to help keep our members, children & staff safe and healthy.
COVID-19 Safety Policies
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE Y
• Members must check-in for all Y activities (indoor & outdoor) so that we can record and maintain accurate capacity records.
• We encourage your use of the SAY Mobile App or YMCA keychain barcode to check-in.
• Real-time branch capacity is now available for members to view on our website and via the Info Center on the SAY Mobile App.
• For visits to the Berkeley Heights YMCA, please enter through the main front entrance.
• For visits to the Summit YMCA, please enter through the back door (accessible via the parking lot on Cedar Street).
• Masks are optional for fully vaccinated members, guests and staff of the Berkeley Heights YMCA, Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA, Summit YMCA & Springfield Community Pool (excluding participants in our licensed child care, after-school, and summer camp programs).
• Masks are required for unvaccinated members, guests and staff, including children ages 2-11.
COVID-19 POLICY UPDATES
HOW YOU CAN HELP US ALL STAY SAFE
Please note, the operation of our facilities and programming are subject to approval by the Governor's Executive Orders and the New Jersey Department of Health, therefore all policies, services and available programs may be subject to change upon short notice.
Click here to view our current COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY.
WANT TO JOIN or REJOIN?
Join (or rejoin) online today and take advantage of our special $0 Join Fee offer, typically valued at $95! Or try the Y first with a day pass.
MEMBERSHIP MEANS MORE AT THE Y
When you join the YMCA, you're not just a member of a gym, you're part of a community that is here for everyone. As a nonprofit community organization, the Y works towards providing practical and affordable answers to large-scale community issues focusing on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, for a better us.
CLICK ON THE BRANCH OF YOUR CHOICE BELOW TO GET STARTED
Regardless of your home branch selection, your membership includes access to all available offerings at both the Berkeley Heights YMCA & the Summit YMCA. Access to the Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA & Springfield Community Pool are not included in a Summit Area YMCA Membership and require a separate membership.
OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL
As a nonprofit, we are committed to enhancing the lives of individuals and families in our community. With the generous donations of members, donors, and partners in the community, the Summit Area YMCA is able to offer financial assistance for our programs to those in need.
Financial assistance at the Summit Area YMCA can be used for membership, child care, summer camp, enrichment, wellness and/or sports programs where additional fees apply, such as soccer and swimming lessons.
If you have specific questions or feedback to share regarding available programs, your membership, registration, participation policies or more, please use the form below to contact us by email. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
Looking for more? We’ll update this page frequently as new information becomes available. Our latest news, membership and program announcements can be found at thesay.org/news. For specific questions please contact us directly.