7th Grade is a pivotal and transitional time, through our commitment to supporting and encouraging youth to make good decisions and form habits that lead to a healthy lifestyle, the Summit Area YMCA is proud to offer free memberships to all 7th grade students in our service area (Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit) to help keep our youth active and engaged.
Available at both the Berkeley Heights YMCA and Summit YMCA, this program not only provides access to the fitness center and open gym but opportunities for students of all backgrounds to be inspired to learn new things, encouragement to get involved in community projects, the formation of wellness habits that lead to a healthy lifestyle and socialization with peers in a safe, supervised environment. The program also hosts special events and activities exclusive to the program participants.
Program participants will receive additional information after registration about the membership and program details, how to schedule fitness demos, event and activity calendars and more. In order to activate the membership, each student must complete a series of required fitness equipment demonstrations upon enrollment. Fitness demos focus on safety and proper technique, are approximately one hour long and must be scheduled in advance.
Once all the required demos are completed, students receive a teen membership to the Summit Area YMCA that is valid through June 30, 2023 and can participate in all the available offerings at both the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA (please note, some programs may be restricted by age).
REGISTRATION FOR INCOMING 7TH GRADERS FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR OPENS IN JUNE.
• Keeps teens active and engaged
• Increase physical and mental wellness
• Develop healthy exercise habits including safety and proper technique
• Socialize with peers in a safe, supervised environment
• Encourage involvement in community events and volunteer projects
• Is a 7th grade student in 2022-2023 school year
• Lives or attends school in Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling, or Summit
• Attends the mandatory virtual orientation with parents/guardians
• Completes YMCA safety and introduction to fitness demo within one month of sign up
• Agrees to abide by YMCA Code of Conduct
• Access to Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA
• Use of Teen Center, Fitness Center, Open Gym, Group Exercise Classes & Indoor Pools.
• Special events and recreational activities exclusive to program participants
• Reduced member pricing for Y programs.
For questions or additional program information, please contact Valeria Tenreiro at (908)273-3330 Ext. 1137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.