The Learning Circle YMCA will open on June 15. Summer Camp will open July 6. The Summit YMCA and Berkeley Heights YMCA are still closed and all memberships/programming/events are temporarily on hold until further notice. We expect to share re-opening details as soon as they are available.
NEWS & UPDATES
Be healthy and well. We're looking forward to welcoming you back soon!
Have a question or need to get in touch?
7th Grade is a pivotal and transitional time for many teens. Through our commitment to supporting and encouraging youth to make good decisions and form wellness habits that lead to a healthy lifestyle, the Summit Area YMCA is proud to offer free memberships to all 7th grade students in our service area (Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit). Available at both the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Summit YMCA, this program provides opportunities for students of all backgrounds to be inspired to learn new things, encourages them to get involved in community projects, helps prepare them for college, promotes healthy habits and socialization with peers in a safe, supervised, and conveniently located environment.
In order to participate in the program, each student must complete the required fitness equipment demonstrations upon their enrollment.
- Demos focus on safety and proper technique
- There is a limit of one student per demonstration time slot
- Only one demo can be completed per day per person
- Demonstrations are approximately one hour long
- Demos must be scheduled in advance
Once all required demos are completed, student will have a full access membership to the Summit Area YMCA.
Additionally, the Summit YMCA will host special monthly events and activities exclusive to the program. Please refer to our calendar of events online for details. At the Summit YMCA, students may also enjoy access to other programs, including:
• Teen Center: Available at the Summit YMCA, this supervised space is reserved for teens only, grades 6-12 and is open Monday - Friday (from September to June), 2:30PM - 6:00PM. Teens have access to computers, games, positive role models, new friends, a safe place to be themselves and reoccurring activities include homework help, open gym, themed events, team challenges, weekly activities and more.
• Fitness Center
• Open Gym
• Teen Chef
• Teen Yoga
• Tournament Thursdays
• Homework Help
• STEM Experiments
• And more!