Dear Y Members and Friends,
As we await reopening, we wanted to let you know that as of June 15, our daily schedule of livestream on Facebook of virtual classes were phased out. Moving forward, we will focus on offering you LIVE in-person outdoor classes (in our parking lots and on the Village Green). We encourage you to continue to access our library of pre-recorded virtual exercise classes and fitness videos via our YouTube channel where, at your convenience, you can replay the classes we filmed in recent weeks or utilize the variety of Y partner resources found in our Virtual Workout Library.
If you are a member of our Y, we hope you will join us for outdoor classes until we are able to reopen and resume classes indoors. We are grateful for your support and appreciate your understanding as we navigate the complexities of adapting our business while fulfilling the needs of our community.
Outdoor classes will begin Monday, June 22 at the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA.
• If you elect to participate in any outdoor group exercise classes, you are granting us permission to reactivate your membership dues which have currently been on hold.
• Your membership will be prorated for the month from the first day you plan to attend a class.
• You must complete our updated membership waiver online before attending any class. Click here to access the new membership waiver.
• Class schedules and access to reservations can be found on the SAY Mobile App and online schedules.
• Class reservations open 3 days prior to class.
• Class reservations close 4 hours prior to class.
• Class sizes are limited and walk-ins are not allowed.
• Guests or Nationwide Y members are not allowed.
• Late comers will not be allowed to enter the class after check-in.
• Members and staff will be required to wear masks during check-in and the health screening. Masks during workouts are optional.
• You must bring your own mats for all classes.
• If you book a spot in a class and do not cancel your reservation before the 4 hour close window, you will be charged a late cancellation/no show fee of $10. We are not accepting phone calls or emails to cancel class reservations at this time.
• All classes are weather dependent. If we have to cancel due to weather, you will be notified by email as soon as decision is made. Please check your email prior to class.
• Please plan to arrive at the Y 15-20 minutes prior to class start time so we can check all members in before class starts.
• Upon you check in, you will be required to participate in a temperature check using a touchless thermometer and a health screening where you will be asked several covid-19 related questions (see below).
• You must wear a mask as you exit your car, keep it on through the health screening and until you are in your assigned workout spot.
• You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon check-in.
• You must maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other members and Y staff except when getting your temperature taken.
• If you have a fever of 100.4 or greater or answer positively to any of the health screening questions you will not be allowed to attend the class. You will not be charged any late cancellation/no show fee if this occurs.
• At check in, you will be assigned a numbered workout spot and be asked to proceed to your spot as soon as check in is complete.
• You will remain in your assigned workout spot for the duration of class.
• If you have to leave for some reason before class is over, you will give the instructor a “thumbs up” so they know you are safe, leave your equipment and put your mask on to leave.
• At the end of class, you will leave any equipment that belongs to the Y in your workout spot.
• You will need to put your mask back on to leave class and return to your car.
• You may bring your own weights but we will have weights available for use.
• All YMCA weights and bikes will be disinfected and sanitized before and after each use.
• Members must bring their own water as there will be no access to water fountains.
• Members will only be allowed inside the YMCA building for emergency access to restrooms.
Are you currently experiencing the following symptoms that are related to COVID-19?
• Fever 100.4 or greater
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
• Head or muscle aches
• Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
If you have any questions about outdoor classes, please contact Lisa McQuilkin at the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Valeria Tenreiro at the Summit YMCA. We look forward to seeing you in person! As always, we ask you to stay tuned to our website for the latest news and announcements: www.thesay.org/news.
Thank you for staying with us.