At the YMCA, we build strong, secure, connected and confident swimmers. The new Seals Swim School is available for Summit Area YMCA Members and Non-Members ands run all year long allowing your swimmer to focus on what's most important - learning to swim! Enjoy a worry free one time sign up for all of your swim lessons. Our swim programs work on developing sequence based skill sets that organically build on one another. Students learn faster, are safer in water sooner, and progress quickly through the various stages until they succeed.
• Session runs from September - June
• Your lesson day and time remains the same throughout the program year, children progress through swim lessons until they succeed
• Requires a minimum 2-month commitment. Easy, automatic monthly draft
Small group swim lessons at the Summit YMCA
Students learn personal water safety and achieve basic swimming competency by learning benchmark skills: Swim, Float, Swim and Jump, Push, Turn, Grab, etc.
Session runs September - June
• Group swim lessons are 30-40 minutes per week, one month sessions.
• Your lesson day and time remains the same throughout the program year, children progress through swim lessons until they succeed.
• There will be a maximum of 6 children per lane for group swim lessons.
30 Minute Swim Classes
With a parent*, infants and toddlers learn to be comfortable in the water and develop swim readiness skills through fun and confidence-building experiences. Parents learn about water safety, drowning prevention, and the importance of supervision. Infants and toddlers are introduced to the aquatic environment through exploration, encouraging them to enjoy themselves while learning about the water.
*Please note: We define parent broadly, to include any adults with primary responsibility for raising children, including biological parents, adoptive parents, guardians, step-parents, grandparents, and/or any other type of parenting relationship.
Staff recommended private swim lessons at the Summit YMCA
Private (one-on-one) swim lessons are adapted to your swim expectations. Sessions are offered as four 30-minute lessons to be completed within a four-week time frame.
Adaptive Swim Lessons at the Summit YMCA are customized swim lessons for children with diverse abilities.
Swimming aids in relaxation, teaches them new skills, helps to build muscle and stamina, all while increasing self-esteem and confidence. Skills are taught based on each child's individual ability. Parents are encouraged but not required to get in with their child. Swim lessons are 30 minutes held in our indoor heated pool at the Summit YMCA.
*Registration prices will reflect the days in which classes will be held.
• 30 days notice prior to the draft date required to stop the monthly draft.
• Participants with less than 2 months will be drafted for the remaining monthly payment.
>> Cancellation Request Form
• If a scheduling conflict arises and you need to switch your day and time, a Change Request Form is required to be filled out and approved by the Aquatics Director. Space is subject to availability.
>> Class Change Request
Please contact us!