The Summit YMCA is seeking Group Exercise instructors for a variety of classes and times!
If you have a special ability and enjoy sharing it with others, please join our community and contact us for an opportunity that meets your time availability!
The Group Exercise Instructor leads group classes in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
• Prepare and execute a safe and appropriate class.
• Learn and deliver choreography as specified by a particular format (LesMills classes, Pound, Zumba, Insanity, etc.)
• Prior to the start of a class, introduce yourself and remind all participants that if leaving the class early for any reason they must give you a thumbs up as a signal to let you know they are okay.
• Lead members through an effective warm up & cool down.
• Provide proper cueing and coaching to class participants.
• Provide modifications to participants when applicable.
• Use appropriate music throughout class.
• Be able to apply biomechanics and physiology of movements to members.
• Start and end class on time.
• Find coverage if unable to work scheduled class, and notify your supervisor.
• Communicate in advance of any planned absences to your supervisor.
• Report any maintenance concerns or problems to supervisor.
• Follow all YMCA fitness and Association policies and procedures as designated by your supervisor and the Employee Handbook.
• Attend all required staff meetings and training as necessary and assigned.
• As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that the Y is the nation’s leading non-profit committed to strengthening the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
Our needs include:
Zumba instructor- Weekday Mid-morning classes, Zumba certification and CPR Certification required.
Barre Sculpt instructor- Evening and Weekend classes, Group Exercise certified with Barre experience and/or specific Barre certifications and CPR required.
Indoor Cycling Instructor: Weekend classes, Mad Dogg or Schwinn certifications accepted and CPR certification required.
Free child care during most work hours plus free family YMCA membership!
EOE. Bilingual welcomed.
Interested candidates please submit application and/ or resume below to Tracy Wanamaker, Group Exercise Coordinator.