Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Coach assists in the supervision of all aspects of the competitive swimming program. This includes teaching, administration, and deck coaching as a representative of the Y at all team events and functions.
• Train and supervise swimmers as directed by the head swim team coach in the Y competitive philosophy.
• Conduct safe, effective team practices and swim meet warm-up sessions.
• Communicate as necessary with parents and other coaches regarding assignments, swimmer progress, and upcoming events.
• Work cohesively with other swim coaches.
• Provide a positive role model for youth in all functions as a representative of the Y.
• Communicate team needs and requests to the Head Swim Coach.
• Must preserve equipment and keep work area hazard free. Must use all equipment appropriately. Must clean up all equipment at the end of each practice.
• As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that the Y is the nation’s leading non-profit committed to strengthening the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
• Demonstrates the Y’s values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Minimum of 1 season experience in competitive swimming preferred.
• Certified in CPR/AED for the Professional rescuer, First Aid, Coach’s Safety training.
• Receive training in Water Safety Instruction prior to June 15th.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Minimum of high school degree or equivalent
Mandatory Pre-Season In-Service Dates
Friday, May 18th 6:00 - 9:30 pm At The Summit YMCA
Friday May 25th 11:00 am - 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Exact time TBD based on School Schedule)
Pay Range: $9.18 - $ 13.50 per hour, based on experience.
Schedule: 20-25 hours per week, actual days and times TBD.
Interested candidates please complete the employment application and submit below to Mike Mirabella, BHCP Aquatics Director.