The Member Service Representative delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and organization of the check in area.
• Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants at the BHCP and on the phone, contributing to member retention and satisfaction.
• Learn all aspects of Daxko for memberships, member information, program registrations, reports, etc.
• Process membership, answer membership questions, and handles registration for various programs.
• Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the BHCP/YMCA.
• Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
• Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
• Maintains confidentiality of members’ records.
• Conducts daily desk operations.
• Answers telephones and takes appropriately messages.
• Supports all facility staff in emergency.
• Monitors member entrance to pool.
• Monitors and documents all visitors at pool.
• Efficiently completes opening and closing procedures.
• Maintains order and cleanliness of check in area.
• Job responsibilities may include, but not limited to, maintaining a clean and safe facility, monitoring the first-aid station, organizing and distributing board games, supervising the pool slide, updating camp rosters, and working as a snack bar attendant.
• As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that the Y is the nation’s leading non-profit committed to strengthening the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
• Demonstrates the Y’s values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
• Strong computer skills & knowledge.
• Ability to handle money transactions.
• Age requirement is 15 years and older.
• Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience is preferred.
Mandatory Pre-Season In-Service Dates
Friday, May 18th 6:00 - 9:30 pm At The Summit YMCA
Friday May 25th 11:00 am - 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Exact time TBD based on School Schedule)
Pay Range: $8.67 - $10.00 per hour, based on experience.
Interested candidates please complete the employment application and submit below to Mike Mirabella, BHCP Aquatics Director.