The Concessions Attendant takes orders, manages customer payment, and delivers orders with promptness and courtesy. He/She properly handles finances and food inventory with a priority on safety and cleanliness.
• Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants at the BHCP, contributing to member retention and satisfaction.
• Learn all aspects of the cash register and record keeping required for the snack bar.
• Prioritizes safety and cleanliness of eating and food preparation and storage areas.
• Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the BHCP/YMCA.
• Handles and resolves snack bar-related issues and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
• Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
• Efficiently completes opening and closing procedures.
• Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, preparing reports for ordering more supplies, light housekeeping of the concessions facility, take accurate inventory of supplies.
• As an Ambassador for the Y, communicates to members, volunteers, and the general public that the Y is the nation’s leading non-profit committed to strengthening the community through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility.
• Demonstrates the Y’s values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
• Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills (especially with children of all ages)
• Strong computer skills & knowledge.
• Ability to handle money transactions.
• Age requirement is 15 years and older.
• Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Previous customer service, sales or related experience is preferred.
• Available for work the duration of the summer (May 15 – September 3)
Mandatory Pre-Season In-Service Dates
Friday, May 18th 6:00 - 9:30 pm At The Summit YMCA
Friday May 25th 11:00 am - 1:00 pm or 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (Exact time TBD based on School Schedule)
Pay Range: $8.67 - $10.00 per hour, based on experience.
Interested candidates please complete the employment application and submit below to Mike Mirabella, BHCP Aquatics Director.