GROUP FITNESS CLASS GUIDELINES (eff. 4/3/2017)
The below guidelines are provided to ensure an optimal experience for all participants.
• You must be a YMCA member or registered guest to participate in any group fitness class.
• All group fitness rooms that have locks will remain locked when classes are not in session
(eff. May 1, 2017).
• Arrive 5 minutes before the start of class so that you have time to check in, set up your equipment and be prepared when class begins.
• Please use www.MindBodyonline.com for the most current group exercise class information, including schedules, instructor substitutions, class cancellations, format changes, etc.
• ‘Mindbody Connect’ is the app and is available in ITunes or Google Playstore.
• If you pre-reserve a spot on Mind Body, that spot is held for you until 5 minutes before the start of the class at which time your spot may be given to someone else.
• You will be notified of any changes to a class if you have pre-reserved a spot and have opted in for email or text notification on Mind Body.
• For safety reasons, classes will be limited based on space and the availability of equipment.
• No one will be admitted into a class after the warm up is complete (3-5 minutes after the start) OR if the class has reached maximum capacity.
• The minimum age for participation in group exercise classes is 14 years old. For hot yoga, primal fitness and trx, 16 years old.
• For your safety, please refrain from talking or texting on your phone once class begins as well as ensuring that your phone is on silent.
• For hygienic reasons, yoga mats are not provided for any yoga classes in the Summit Room or Yoga Studio, please bring your own.
• Appropriate exercise attire and footwear is required.
• Please notify the instructor if you are leaving the class early for any reason.
• In the event that there are no participants by the time class begins, the instructor will wait 10-minutes before cancelling the class.
• The Y reserves the right to cancel any class that has fewer than two (2) participants for 4 consecutive weeks.
• The instructor has the right to ask a participant to leave if these guidelines are not followed.