Interested in joining the Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA Berkeley Breakers Swim Team? We are excited to begin a great summer season in 2021, at our new state-of-the-art olympic-sized outdoor pool! A special welcome to all our new team members and we look forward to seeing our returning swimmers!
The Berkeley Breakers Swim Team competes in the North Jersey Summer Swim League - Division 3; swimming against Maplewood, Morris Township, South Orange, and Springfield. The season consists of 8 dual meets, plus a Championship Meet. The mission of the Coaching Staff is to help each swimmer maximize their ability through swimmer-specific training and competition. The coaches seek to work with children and parents to create a positive environment where personal excellence, honesty, and commitment are fostered and expected. Together we seek to instill a lifelong love of swimming and achieve our highest potential in swimming and life. Many of the swimmers who start out on the Berkeley Breakers Swim Team go on to compete at the YMCA, high school, and college levels.
Every new swimmer is welcome on our team, regardless of ability or prior experience. Our coaches will make the final decision regarding specific team placement based on your child’s swimming ability and with your child’s best interest in mind. Those who do not make the team will be asked to join our lessons program, designed to develop swimming skills in a non-competitive environment.
• $150 Swim Team Registration (Includes registration fees, BHCP T-shirt + Swim Cap)
• $45-70 for Team Branded Bathing Suit (Required for all swimmers)
• You must have a Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA Membership in order to participate in the swim team and related activities.
• The Berkeley Breakers is open to all members of the Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA ages 7-18. Swimmers MUST be 7 years of age by September 1, 2021 in order to participate.
• All swimmers MUST try out for the Swim Team.
• To pass tryouts, swimmers must demonstrate proficiency in both front crawl and backstroke through consistent forward motion and rotary breathing, swim 25 yards of freestyle and backstroke consecutively, touch the bottom of the pool, jump into deep water and safely resurface, be able to tread water for 1 minute while demonstrating stamina and efficient body motion throughout the duration of the evaluation.
Thursday June 17 and Friday 18
4:00 to 5:00 PM – 10 & Unders
5:00 to 6:00 PM – 11 & Older
Monday to Friday, June 21 to July 28
10:15 to 11:00 AM – 8 & Unders
10:15 to 11:15 AM – 9 to 10 years old
10:15 to 11:30 AM – 11 & Older
July 9, 14, 23, 25
Home Meets (10:15 AM-12:00 PM)
July 7, 21, 27
Sarah Devlin and Patrick Collins
If you have any questions, please contact Patrick.Collins@thesay.org