WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN VISITING THE Y
• Members must check-in for all Y activities (indoor & outdoor) so that we can record and maintain accurate capacity records.
• We encourage your use of the SAY Mobile App or YMCA keychain barcode to check-in.
• Real-time branch capacity is now available for members to view on our website and via the Info Center on the SAY Mobile App.
• For visits to the Berkeley Heights YMCA, please enter through the main front entrance.
• For visits to the Summit YMCA, please enter through the back door (accessible via the parking lot on Cedar Street).
• Masks are optional for fully vaccinated members, guests and staff of the Berkeley Heights YMCA, Berkeley Heights Community Pool at the YMCA, Summit YMCA & Springfield Community Pool (excluding participants in our licensed child care, after-school, and summer camp programs).
• Masks are required for unvaccinated members, guests and staff, including children ages 2-11.
• Health screenings are required for all members, guests and staff upon check-in.
COVID-19 POLICY UPDATES
DAILY HEALTH SCREENING
Upon check-in at each visit, the YMCA will conduct a health screening on all members, participants and staff for fever and other COVID-19 related symptoms. If you have a fever of 100.4 or above, or answer positively to any of the health screening questions you will not be permitted entry to participate.
If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
HEALTH SCREENING QUESTIONS
Are you currently experiencing the following symptoms that are related to COVID-19?
• Fever of 100.4 or above
• Cough or sore throat
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Congestion or runny nose
• Recent loss of taste or smell
• Headache or muscle aches
• Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
HOW YOU CAN HELP US ALL STAY SAFE
Please note, the operation of our facilities and programming are subject to approval by the Governor's Executive Orders and the New Jersey Department of Health, therefore all policies, services and available programs may be subject to change upon short notice.
Click here to view our current COVID-19 SAFETY POLICY.