“Physical activity—even if you don’t lose an ounce, you’ll live longer, feel healthier and be less likely to get cancer, heart disease, stroke and arthritis. It’s the closest thing we have to a wonder drug.” —Tom Frieden, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Directed by nationally certified trainers, this program will meet 2x a week for 12 weeks to focus on cardiovascular exercise, build muscle strength and work on flexibility in a small group non-medically supervised setting. The program is open to anyone wishing to improve or maintain cardiovascular health, whether or not they have had a cardiac event. If you have had a cardiac event/surgery, completion of a medically supervised cardiac rehab program is required to participate.
One session each week will utilize the cardio and strength equipment in the fitness center. The second session will be a group class that will focus on cardio exercise, strength and flexibility.
• Teach participants how to exercise independently to maintain cardiovascular health.
• Build muscle strength with upper body and lower body exercises.
• Improve overall flexibility.
• Coach participants to continue a lifetime of healthy habits.
• 4 AT PROGRAM START
• 4 AT PROGRAM END
Assessments at the beginning and end of the program will help measure baseline fitness and progress gained through the Healthy Heart Program. Rate of Perceived Exertion and personal fitness trackers will be utilized to monitor participant’s exertion and heart rate.
*This program does not replace the critical role that medically supervised cardiac rehab plays in recovery from a cardiac event.
• If you are recovering from a cardiac event, completion not a medically supervised cardiac rehab program is required.
• A Doctor’s release is required.
• Fitness tracker is recommended.