Updated July 30, 2020
• If you elect to participate in any outdoor exercise you are granting the Summit Area YMCA permission to reactivate your membership dues which have currently been on hold.
• Your membership will be prorated for the month from the first day you plan to attend a session.
• Access is for active paying members only. Guests or Nationwide YMCA members are not allowed to participate.
• Open to participants ages 13 years and older.
• Members and staff will be required to wear masks during check-in and the health screening. Masks during workouts are optional.
• Members and staff are to maintain a social distance of 6' from others at all times and wear masks when social distancing is not possible.
• Sessions are potentially weather dependent. The outdoor weight room is set up under a tent therefore a session may not be cancelled due to light rain versus when flash flooding or lighting occurs.
• Respectfully we ask, that if you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, have travelled internationally or to any of the states on the NJ quarantine listing, you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
• All members must sign an updated Summit Area YMCA membership waiver online before participating in any Y activities. This only has to be completed once.
SIGN THE WAIVER
• Reservations are required to manage capacity as space is limited. Walk-ins are not allowed.
• Reservations and session availability can be found on the Find a Class tab on the SAY Mobile App or via our online schedules.
• Reservations open 2 days prior to session time.
• Class reservations close 4 hours prior to session time.
• If you book a spot and do not cancel your reservation before the 4 hour close window, you will be charged a late cancellation/no show fee of $10. We are not accepting phone calls or emails to cancel reservations at this time.
• If we have to cancel due to weather, you will be notified by email as soon as decision is made. Please check your email prior to leaving for your session.
• Woodway Curves
• Row Machine
• Stationary Bike
• Jump Ropes
• Stability Balls
• Weight Benches - Simple, Shoulder Press
• Dumbbell Sets
• Barbells - Curled, Straight, Hammer Curl
• Plate Sets
• Members will rotate through shared equipment as you would in the fitness center.
• Staff will clean, disinfect and sanitize all YMCA equipment between sessions.
• During the session, members are required to wipe down equipment after each use.
• Wipes and disinfectant will be available.
• Please plan to arrive at the Y 5-10 minutes prior to session start time so we can check-in and conduct health screenings on all participants.
• Participants who arrive after the session start time will not be allowed to enter.
• You must wear a mask as you exit your car, keep it on through the health screening and until you are in your assigned workout spot.
• Masks during workouts are optional.
• Upon check-in, you will be required to participate in a temperature check using a touchless thermometer and a health screening where you will be asked several COVID-19 related questions (see below).
• If you have a fever of 100.4 or greater or answer positively to any of the health screening questions you will not be allowed to participate. You will not be charged any late cancellation/no show fee if this occurs.
• You will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon check-in, assigned a workout spot and given a bottle of disinfectant spray and towels to clean equipment after each use.
• You must maintain 6 feet of social distancing from other members and Y staff except when getting your temperature taken. In instances where social distancing cannot be maintained you must wear a mask.
• At the end of your session, you will leave any moveable equipment that belongs to the Y in the box labeled equipment to be sanitized.
• You will need to put your mask back on when leaving and returning to your car.
• Time is reserved in between sessions for staff to clean, disinfect and sanitize all YMCA equipment.
• Members must bring their own water as there will be no access to water fountains.
• Members must bring their own personal towels, there will be no towel service provided.
• Members must bring their own mats if needed for floor exercises.
• Members will not be allowed inside the YMCA building with the exception of emergencies.
Are you currently experiencing the following symptoms that are related to COVID-19?
• Fever of 100.4 or greater
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
• Head or muscle aches
• Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting
Respectfully we ask, that if you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, have travelled internationally or to any of the states on the NJ quarantine listing, you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
Please use the form below to contact us by email, ask a question or leave feedback. We will get back to you as soon as possible!