Never stop learning and staying active, whether you are at the Y or at home! Our Summit Area YMCA Child Care and Youth Enrichment staff are working hard to create and provide lots of fun activities for you and your children to enjoy at home! From learning to games, to family exercise sessions and more!
This is the perfect time to take an outside stroll or spend time in the yard. Look for emerging plants and point out the sprouts that are green, or the flowers and their colors! This is the first time your little one will experience the miracle of plants emerging from the ground--discuss how strong they must be to do that!
These activities are great for your baby to develop important gross motor skills and understanding the world around them!
1. Hide 6 shapes around your home (circle, oval, rectangle, square, star, triangle) and go on a shape hunt!
2. Draw a picture of each shape in a different color and show your child to help identify the shape.
Help your toddler develop and practice their speech and language skills through these age appropriate exercises.
1. Talk about different types of recycling and why it's important to recycle.
2. Have your child sort recycling items by category!
Explore science, technology, engineering and math with your preschooler! These activities will keep them busy and teach them the basics!Learn More
1. Choose a category like the US states, flowers, or animals. Choose a letter from the alphabet. Then have your child come up with 5 things from that category that starts with the letter they chose from the alphabet.
EXAMPLE: CATEGORY: Animal | LETTER: B
Name Five: Baboon, bee, bear, bullfrog, bird!
BrainPOP is a web-based learning platform that can help young minds stay engaged and active during school closures. Take the classroom with you wherever you are, and never stop learning more!Learn More
Keep your family active and having fun with 12Bursts, a program brought to you by Open Y and CycleHealth, a kid-powered wellness initiative of the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities. Keep your family active and having fun with 12Bursts. Every day we issue a Daily Dozen – 12, new 5-minute activities. Everything can be done for free at home. Kid-approved and adult-friendly!
At a loss on how to help your child learn their school subjects at home? Sign up to gain access to free tutoring with volunteer undergraduate and graduate students from from top universities like Columbia, Dartmouth, Harvard, UC Berkeley and more at flypapertutors.org.