Every member and program participant must sign an the Summit Area YMCA membership waiver prior to visiting our facility or participating in any Y programs. Parents/guardian must complete the waiver for each minor. The waiver must be completed for each member in your unit. This only has to be completed once.
Sign the Waiver
All members & guests must adhere to Member Policies and Member Code of Conduct. Facility access may be denied to members & guests found in violation of the Member Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy.
Want to reactivate, suspend or cancel your membership, add a new family member and/or change your membership type? Click below to review your membership options and complete your change request.
Please note most requests are processed within 3 business days and you will receive confirmation once it has been completed. Please be sure to include an accurate phone number in your request. If any additional information is required to process your request, a member of our team may reach out to you with questions.
As a nonprofit, the Summit Area YMCA is committed to enhancing the lives of individuals and families in our community. We do so by offering financial assistance to those with demonstrated need so that they may enjoy all the Y has to offer, regardless of their ability to pay. This helps us ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income, or background has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Families with low or moderate household income or those who are experiencing financial hardship are encouraged to apply. Applicants must live or work in the Summit Area YMCA service area which includes Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit.
Membership cards are issued to all members over the age of 13 and must be presented at Member Services each time you enter the facility. After your membership card is issued, you may also add it to the SAY Mobile App to use at check-in. Membership cards are not transferable.
Locker rentals are currently unavailable. This is a temporary restriction.
Gift Certificates for YMCA memberships or programs may be purchased in-person at the Y.
Classes may be rescheduled or credits issued for cancellations due to inclement weather, instructor illness, low enrollment and/or other circumstances as determined by the YMCA. Class attendance is the responsibility of the participant. The Y does not provide make-up classes due to member absences.
A nominal charge may apply. Transfers will be made without charge in cases of inappropriate class placement or class cancellation.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel or combine classes due to low enrollment or other circumstances beyond its control. If we cancel any class in which you are enrolled, you will be given a full refund/credit or placed in another class. All other program specific refunds may have individual policies in place, please contact the program director for more information.
Effective November 1, 2020
• Guests are welcome to visit the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA for use of the fitness center, weight room and participate in lap swim, open gym or group exercise classes with the purchase of a $20 Day Pass only.
• The YMCA Nationwide Reciprocity Program is still suspended until further notice. This is a temporary restriction and we hope to welcome Nationwide YMCA members back very soon.
• General visits to workout in the fitness center do not require a reservation, however capacity limitations do apply (as per the Governor's Executive Order). Facility access may be denied to day pass guests if the facility is at maximum capacity. Real-time branch capacity is now available for members to view on our website and via the Info Center on the SAY Mobile App.
• Reservations are required for all lap swim sessions and group exercise classes. We encourage you to view availability and make reservations before coming to the YMCA via the SAY Mobile App or online at www.thesay.org/schedules.
• Day passes are limited to specific locations and therefore each day pass must be purchased for the specific location you plan to visit.
• Day passes are available to guests 13 years old & older.
• Guests 18 or older must present a valid photo ID upon check-in.
• Guests must adhere to all member participation, safety protocols and program specific policies, ie. those listed on our Reopening Guide and our Member's Code of Conduct.
• Guests are limited to 2 total visits per month with a maximum of 5 visits per year between both the Berkeley Heights YMCA or Summit YMCA locations.
• Guests are not permitted to participate in any paid program sessions. These programs are exclusively for registered members only.
• Facility access may be denied to guests found in violation of the Member Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy. Additional restrictions may apply.
• If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, have travelled internationally or to any of the states on the NJ quarantine listing, we ask that you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
• The Summit Area YMCA also reserves the right to change these policies at any time. For more information, please contact us.
Automatic Monthly Credit Card Payment is an easy way to pay as you go! Your VISA, American Express or MasterCard is debited monthly. Membership is continuous until cancelled in writing.
Full Payment: Members who do not want monthly payments can pay annually. Annual dues may be paid in full upon joining and yearly thereafter. Payments are accepted via cash, check or credit card. See Member Service desk for details.
Joining Fee: This one-time fee is due in full upon joining or rejoining, and is used to maintain buildings and equipment. The fee is waived for memberships that are renewed within 45 days of expiration.
A voluntary $5 monthly tax deductible contribution may be added to the monthly dues and supports our Annual Campaign efforts.
The YMCA reserves the right to change membership fees with a 30-day written notice to members.