The Summit YMCA is hosting the annual Deep Freeze Swim Meet this Saturday & Sunday, February 4 & 5. As a result the pools & gymnasium will be closed. Parking around the Y will be available but limited. Members may/ visit the Berkeley Heights YMCA or other local YMCAs as part of their nationwide membership benefit.
As an added benefit of being part of our Y family, your Summit Area YMCA membership allows access to more than 2,500 YMCA locations in the United States and Puerto Rico, at no additional cost! Because being a part of our Y family means you'll be close to 'home' everywhere you go. Whether you are traveling on the west coast for business or visiting relatives down south, or want to visit another local Y for the occasional change of scene, all Ys are open to Y members to provide a safe and welcoming environment for everyone - no matter where you are. Nationwide Membership is an essential part of our collaborative cause to strengthen communities across the nation.
Planning to take advantage of your Nationwide Membership privileges? There are a few guidelines to know and follow when you travel. To prepare for an easy check-in process upon your first visit to any participating Nationwide YMCA, you will be asked to:
• Present your Driver’s License to the Member Services desk
• Sign a Guest Waiver
• Sign a Nationwide Membership Waiver (You will only need to complete this once)
Please note, in the event your name does not come up in the Nationwide Membership database at check-in, please ask the visiting YMCA to contact the Berkeley Heights YMCA at 908-464-8373 or the Summit YMCA at 908-273-3330 to provide confirmation of your membership.
If you're a member of the Berkeley Heights YMCA and planning to visit the Summit YMCA or a member of the Summit YMCA and planning to visit the Berkeley Heights YMCA, it can't be any easier -- just scan in with your Summit Area YMCA ID or your barcode on the SAY Mobile App!
For returning visits to any Nationwide YMCAs you've previously visited:
• Simply stop at the Member Service desk to check-in by providing your name and the name of your home YMCA
While you will only have to sign the Nationwide Membership Waiver once, you will be required to present your Driver’s License and sign a one-time guest waiver for each new location you choose to visit.
You should expect variation among facility offerings, services, programs and classes, including potential participation restrictions. If you are interested in participating in a specific class or program at the YMCA you are visiting or learning more about their services, we suggest calling ahead for information.
- You must have an active membership to be eligible for Nationwide Membership.
- On average, at least 50% of your visits must be to your Home YMCA (the local association that enrolled you and collects your membership dues).
- If you have known periods of seasonal travel (when you will not be using your Home Y at least 50% of the time or will be a resident of another area for more than 28 days), you will need to place your Home Y membership on hold or cancel it, and join the Y where you will be living for that time period. Please plan ahead, as it may take several weeks to place your account on hold.
- If you are a college student, you will need to join the YMCA where your usage is 50% or greater. Nationwide Membership is based on individual usage not the family unit. Most Ys have a young adult or college membership option or you can ask about the financial assistance program.
- A photo ID is required for all visitors. Please be prepared to present your photo ID at the Y you are visiting for a seamless check-in experience.
- You will be asked to sign a waiver when visiting other YMCA locations.
We offer Nationwide Membership because we want to help you reach your health and wellness goals wherever you live, work or travel. This is an essential part of our cause of strengthening communities and hope you enjoy being part of more YMCA communities.
If you have specific questions about the rules of the program, please contact the Membership Director at your home branch:
Berkeley Heights YMCA (908)464-8373
Summit YMCA (908)273-3330
YMCAs local to our area that are part of the Nationwide Membership Program include:
• Summit Area YMCA (Berkeley Heights, Summit)
• Madison YMCA
• YMCA of Montclair
• Lakeland Hills Family YMCA
• YMCA of Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge, South Amboy
• Meadowlands Area YMCA
• Princeton Family YMCA
• Mount Laurel YMCA
• Cumberlan Cape Atlantic YMCA
• YMCA of Greater Monmouth County
Outside of the local Ys listed above, we recommend that you call the YMCA you plan on visiting ahead of time to ensure they participate in the Nationwide Membership program. If you know you are heading out of town, feel free to stop by the Member Services Desk at your local Y and sign the Nationwide waiver in-branch. Then you are all set to enjoy the benefits of nationwide membership!
As your safety, and that of your family's, is always our primary concern, please know our YMCAs conduct regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants and guests. If a sex offender match occurs, the YMCA reserves the right to cancel membership, end program participation and remove visitation access.