Join us at the Summit Area YMCA for FREE FRIDAYS all summer long from 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM for use of our:
To better plan your day, view our schedules, availability and make reservations online prior to your visit to the YMCA!
Since group size is limited, pre-reservations are recommended for all group exercise classes. Class reservations open one  week in advance at class start time and close one  hour prior to class start time via the SAY Mobile App or our online schedules. The 1-hour close window includes the ability to make reservations. We request participants to arrive at least 5 minutes before the start of class for ample time to check-in, set up any equipment and be prepared when class begins.
• All guests must sign a guest waiver prior to entry the Y. To fill out the waiver, please click here.
• Available to guests 13 years old & older. A parent/guardian must complete the waiver for minor participants under the age of 18.
• Guests 18 or older must present a valid photo ID upon check-in.
• Guests must adhere to all member participation, safety protocols and program specific policies, ie. those listed on our Member's Code of Conduct.
• Guests are not permitted to participate in any paid program sessions or family swim. These programs are exclusively for registered members only.
• Facility access may be denied to guests found in violation of the Member Code of Conduct and/or the Guest Pass Policy. Additional restrictions may apply.
• If you are not feeling well, have any COVID-19 related symptoms, have been in close proximity to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or has any COVID-19 related symptoms, we ask that you please stay home and postpone your visit to the Y.
• Promotion ends August 27, 2022
• The Summit Area YMCA reserves the right to change these policies at any time. In this ever changing landscape, all policies and available programs may be subject to change upon short notice.
Senior Director of Membership
SUMMIT AREA YMCA
In 1886, we were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association, but today, we are The Y. An association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. We stand for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility — For a better us. We are committed to creating equal opportunity for all regardless of gender, age, disability, income, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive culture in which our four core values — responsibility, honesty, caring and respect — are integral to everyday operations.
Each year, as one of the area’s leading 501(c)3 charitable organizations, the Summit Area YMCA serves more than 15,000 individuals with our free and fee-based programs and services in an area spanning the New Jersey communities of Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit. Our history is rooted in working side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Through the generosity of our members, donors, and partners, we are able to offer financial assistance for our programs and services to those in need.