Did You Know? Your nervous system housed within your spine controls all the functions of your body from muscle to organ, including your body’s immune system. Only about 3% of your nerves are for pain, the other 97% are for function. If your body is not functioning properly or there is interference to the nervous system it can affect the quality and strength of your immune system.
On April 22 at the Berkeley Heights YMCA, Dr. Jennifer Franz, a professional chiropractor, will be giving a short lecture on the effects of interference to the nervous and immune system. She will educate you briefly on your nervous system and the how the negative interference can be reduced and removed through simple and effective ways. If you’re coming here to the YMCA, you’re already taking one of the essential steps to boost your immune system. This lecture will provide a demonstration of a posture spinal check that will show you how a chiropractor would assess the function of your nervous system and how well your body can respond to stresses that can weaken your immune system.
Date: Friday, April 22
Time: 1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
Location: Berkeley Heights YMCA | Berkeley Room
This event is free and open to the community. Registration is required.
All guests must complete the Y's online waiver prior to the event: www.thesay.org/guest-waiver.
Sr. Health and Wellness Director
SUMMIT AREA YMCA
(908)273-3330 Ext. 1137
In 1886, we were founded as the Young Men's Christian Association, but today, we are The Y. An association that values, and is made stronger by, its diverse people. We stand for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility — For a better us. We are committed to creating equal opportunity for all regardless of gender, age, disability, income, ethnicity, sexual orientation or religious affiliation. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive culture in which our four core values — responsibility, honesty, caring and respect — are integral to everyday operations.
Each year, as one of the area’s leading 501(c)3 charitable organizations, the Summit Area YMCA serves more than 15,000 individuals with our free and fee-based programs and services in an area spanning the New Jersey communities of Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit. Our history is rooted in working side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Through the generosity of our members, donors, and partners, we are able to offer financial assistance for our programs and services to those in need.
Squat Until You Drop with Our Spring Squat Challenge...
Ride Under the Stars Outdoor Cycling Class April 15...
New Yoga + Essential Oils Class Starting April 11...