Have fun with an art project you can eat!
Step 1: Prep Your Materials
Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and dust with flour. With a fork mix egg in a cup.
Step 2: Mixing
In a big bowl, soften the yeast in the water by stirring together. Then mix in sugar, and salt. Stir in the flour. Knead on table until dough is smooth.
(That means squeeze and push dough down onto flat surface so it has even texture. Similar to potters clay.)
Step 3: Shape the dough and bake!
1. Immediately break it into small pieces and shape dough into animal forms. Roll coils or snake shapes about ¼” wide. Shape dough into animal shapes. Use a dab of water as glue.
2. Cover the cookie sheet with aluminum foil and dust with flour. Put your animal shapes here. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with salt.
Step 4: Baking
1. Have an adult help you turn on the oven to 425 degrees and put the tray in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2. To make a traditional pretzel shape, roll a long thin coil about 8” long. Fold in half to create an upside down U.
3. Twist the 2 coils together. Fold the twist over the loop. Use a dab of warm water to make pretzel dough stick.
4. What can you make? Take photos! Eat them! SHARE!
Hope you enjoyed this activity! Send us photos of your drawings and we'll share it on our Facebook page!
CONNECT WITH ME:
(908)464-8373 Ext. 2020