We are excited to spread holiday cheer this holiday season to you and yours! We are also eagerly anticipating the opportunities the new year brings, especially the opening of our brand new YMCA facility in Berkeley Heights -- stay tuned for more details in the upcoming weeks.
As of December 1, 2019, all Summit Area YMCA members have access to use both the Summit YMCA and Berkeley Heights YMCA facilities. To ensure an optimal experience for all members in group exercise classes, given the increased expected usage by members of both facilities and growth of group exercise offerings, we encourage members to review our updated Group Exercise Guidelines and Policies.
Please take note of some of the group exercise related changes that will be effective starting December 15, 2019:
• Class reservations via the SAY Mobile App or our online schedules will open one  week in advance at class start time. For example, reservations for our 10:00 AM Yoga class on Monday, December 30 opens on Monday, December 23 at 10:00 AM.
• Class reservations via the SAY Mobile App or our online schedules will close four  hours prior to class start time. The 4-hour close window includes the ability to make or cancel reservations. For example, the last chance to make a reservation for our 10:00 AM Yoga class on Monday, December 30 will be 5:59 AM on Monday, December 30.
• Class reservations via the SAY Mobile App or our online schedules can be cancelled up to four  hours prior to class start time. For example, the last chance to make a cancellation for our 10:00 AM Yoga class on Monday, December 30 will be 5:59 AM on Monday, December 30.
If you cannot use your reservation, it is important that you cancel the reservation prior to the 4-hour close window so that the spot can be secured by other members who would like participate in the class, including walk-in participants. Summit Area YMCA staff cannot book or cancel group exercise class reservations on your behalf.
For instructions on how to book or cancel group exercise reservations on the SAY Mobile App or our Online Schedules, please refer to our FAQ.
• Starting December 15, no shows (those who do not cancel their reservations prior to 4-hour before the class begins and then do not show up to class) will be charged a $10 no show fee. Members will receive a one-time warning prior to the fee being assessed. We will also notify you when a no show fee is scheduled to be charged.
• In the event, reservations for the class you want to attend are full or closed, the Berkeley Heights YMCA and Summit YMCA will reserve space for three  walk-in spots for each group exercise class (with the exception of TRX at the Berkeley Heights YMCA which only allows for two  walk-ins). Please note, walk-in spots are available on a first come first serve basis. See individual class descriptions to confirm walk-in availability.
If you have questions pertaining to the updated features and/or policies, please contact us or feel free to speak with a staff member.
We look forward to seeing you again at the Y soon!