With the Laugh Out Loud (LOL) Charity Auction and Comedy Night just three weeks away, you won't want to miss out on a night of big impact and tons of laughter! This year, the event will be hosted at the new Embassy Suites by Hilton - Berkeley Heights, an urban oasis of elegant avant-garde style indoor and outdoor spaces with amazing service, exceptional food and premium drinks.
But why does the Y need to fundraise, you might ask? Because we are so much more than a gym and a swimming pool. Adam Zucker, our new host for LOL, tried out one of our summer camps and learned all about what we do at the Y and why an event like the Laugh Out Loud Charity Auction and Comedy night truly makes a difference in our community.
At the Y, we help cancer survivors recover their strength and confidence with our LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA program. We prep teens for college and help them discover career paths in our Achievers program. We teach invaluable, life saving skills through our 2nd Grade Learn to Swim (for free) program, and Summer camp to help prevent summer learning loss in our children. We host community projects to prevent senior isolation, bring weekend lunches to kids and their families in our schools who would otherwise go hungry, free special needs programs and more. We welcome all and provide safe spaces for each person to be their authentic selves. We provide peace of mind with quality child care for families in our area and financial assistance to those with demonstrated need to get access to our programs and services. We are committed to our community and focus on the elements of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility to ensure that everyone has the ability to learn, grow and thrive at the Y.
Our new host Adam Zucker, sportscasters for CNN College Sports and more, joined us at one of our Summit Area YMCA summer camps to learn all about what we offer at camp and other programs at the Y.
In order to continue serving our community with long-lasting, meaningful and impactful programs and services, we ask you to join us in this night of fundraising.
The charity auction will have a variety of great silent auction items and packages that will make memories for friends and family for years to come.
Some auction items include:
Bask in luxury and beauty at one of the top five-star luxury resorts on Jamaica’s world-famous Seven Mile Beach, one of the best in the world. Located near Negril on the island’s western coast, this is a pristine paradise featuring dramatic sunsets and tranquil waters, and where couples, families and friends can reconnect beneath brilliant blue skies and tropical sunshine.
The luxurious AAA Four Diamond Award winning Azul Beach Resort Negril by Karisma ocean view all suite hotel offers spacious, contemporary oceanfront accommodations, with special adults-only sections if desired. You'll find a variety of 9 restaurants serving masterfully prepared and artfully presented gourmet menus and premium drinks, enhanced by breathtaking ocean views. There's a world-class spa. Live entertainment day and night. A near endless variety of activities on land and in the crystal clear waters. And supervised programs for kids and teens designed to make sure everyone has a great time.
Learn more about Azul Beach Resort
- Four (4) days & three (3) night stay for two (2)*
- All-inclusive accomodations, featuring meals, open bar (with alcohol), 24-hour room service, beach butlers, pool service and daily activities
- No expiration dates, simply subject to room availability
- Travel between May 1 to December 22 without any blackout dates**
- Reservations must be made at least four (4) months in advance
*Additional guests & children can be added for an additional cost
** Travel between January 3 to April 30 available with minimal surcharge
As the host of six U.S. Open Championships, the Winged Foot Golf Club is admired around the world as one of the world’s greatest Golf Clubs. Their not one, but two A.W. Tillinghast courses have consistently challenged the greatest golfers in the world. Located in Westchester, they last hosted the U.S. Open in 2006, when Geoff Ogilvy outlasted Phil Mickelson, Colin Montgomerie and Jim Furyk for a one‐stroke victory.
The tradition continues in 2020, when golf fans from around the world will once again return to the New York area for 120th U.S. Open Championship and we're offering you a chance to be a part of this historic moment!
- Two (2) Winged Foot Golf Club Sports Bar passes to Sunday’s Final Round on June 21, 2020, which includes VIP admission to an exclusive hospitality area, and an open‐air facility at the main entrance with a beer garden‐style atmosphere. The area overlooks the second tee and includes seating options, live TV and private restrooms, with premium food and beverage options for purchase.
- A classic piece of limited edition golf memorabilia, a masterfully framed Tiger Woods “2019 Masters Champion” Collage
Get up close and personal with New York Giants superstar running back, Saquon Barkley at an incredible once-in-a-lifetime event! As 2018's NFL draft second-overall pick, Saquon Barkley breaking and setting all kinds of rookie records, shining as a NY Giant.
The 21-year-old Barkley became the third rookie running back in NFL history to pass 2,000 scrimmage yards, recording 1,307 rushing yards, 721 receiving yards, 91 receptions and 15 total touchdowns. Along with numerous honors, he received Pepsi's 2019 NFL Rookie of the Year & the 2019 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.
- Two (2) admission tickets to the exclusive "Night with Saquon" Event
- One (1) professional photograph with Saquon
- One (1) hand-signed piece of memorabilia from Saquon
- Open bar, passed hors d'oeuvres, Q&A session and a NY Giants personality as emcee
A perennial favorite, the in-home wine tasting invites you and nine friends to gather at your home and join local wine pro, from The Wine List in Summit, in tasting wines from the country or region of your choice.
- A private in-home wine tasting for a party of ten (10), hosted by The Wine List of Summit, selected from the country or region of your choice
- A floral arrangement from Rekemeier’s Flower Shops
- An imported cheese board and wine friendly hors d'oeuvres from What a Dish Catering
- Transportation for your friends to and from their local homes in the safe and friendly Summit Area YMCA yellow bus!
- Valid until May 31, 2020. Date and time must be mutually agreed upon by all parties
- Reservation must be made at least three (3) weeks in advance to ensure availability
Donated by: The Wine List of Summit, What a Dish, Rekemeier’s Flower Shops & the Summit Area YMCA
PACKAGE VALUED AT $1,500
Clear your head and open your mind with a relaxing fishing excursion to the Ten Mile River, one of the best trout rivers in New York State. Matthew LeDonne, founder of Catch the Zen will take you and a pair of friends on a half-day fishing trip to a private stretch of the Ten Mile River.
Catch the Zen is a 501(c)(3) charity dedicated to promoting fishing globally to improve mental health. This auction item will also benefit Catch the Zen’s partnership with the YMCA.
- Half-day guided fishing trip with personalized instruction for three (3) to a private stretch on the Ten Mile River
- Picnic style lunch provided
Donated by: Matt LeDonne
PACKAGE VALUED AT $1,000
We also have some amazing silent auction items lined up... jewelry, autographed sports memorabilia, limited edition art, film props, sports and concert event tickets and more!
In addition to Auction packages and silent auction items, guests will also have the opportunity to pledge their dollars towards scholarships that help members of our community to gain access to the Y. Scholarships include:
• $500 Military Family Scholarship - Provide a six-month membership for eligible military personnel and their families.
• $390 Childcare Scholarship - Provide a week of childcare for a family in need.
• $250 Special Needs Scholarship - Provide programming for a child with special needs.
• $100 Achievers Scholarship - Provide a college tour for a high school student.
For more information about the Summit Area YMCA's Laugh out Loud Charity Auction and Comedy Night or to buy tickets, visit www.thesay.org/lol2019
Doors open at 7:30 PM, with comics taking to the stage from 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM. The Summit Area YMCA is grateful for the generous support of the LOL sponsors, with special thanks to Platinum Sponsor Capital Group. Stay tuned for more details on this year's auction items.
Questions on Event Details, Tickets, Sponsorship Information, Donations, Volunteer Opportunities or how you can get involved:
Annual Campaign & Community Engagement Manager
CONNECT WITH ME:
About the Summit Area YMCA
The Summit Area YMCA is one of the area’s leading 501(c)(3) charitable organizations. Founded in 1886, the Summit Area YMCA has a history steeped in working side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income and background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Each year, we serve more than 10,000 individuals with our free and fee-based programs and services in an area spanning the communities of Berkeley Heights, Gillette, Millburn, New Providence, Short Hills, Springfield, Stirling and Summit. Through the generosity of our members, donors, and partners, we are able to offer financial assistance for our programs and services to those with demonstrated need.