Its Summer Time, time to relax at the pool, time to read a good book, and time to get to know the Summit Area YMCA!
The Berkeley Heights YMCA is currently open to all with its facilities every Thursday this summer through the end of August 2019. Try any number of high energy, fun group exercise classes ranging from our popular Les Mills Body Pump & Body Combat classes to Cycling, Yoga and Barre classes (all offered on Thursdays).
Similarly, the Summit YMCA will be open and free to the public each Friday until the end of August. Friday group exercise offerings include Les Mills Body Pump, Les Mills GRIT, Les Mills CXWORX, Indoor Rowing, Hot Primal Yoga, Barre Sculpt, Vinyasa Yoga, and Cardio Salsa to name a few. In addition to group exercise, the Y provides a state-of-the-art Wellness and Fitness Centers, 2 pools, gymnasium with full sized basketball court and more!
Adults over the age of 18 will be able to use the facility for the day’s entirety after signing in with the Member Services Desk at their designated branch. Photo identification and a signed guest waiver are required to gain access to the facility.
The Summit Area YMCA is a community stronghold that connects people from all walks of life in a neutral, stigma-free space for youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. Since its founding in 1886, the Summit Area YMCA has been working side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income and background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. For families and individuals struggling financially, please inquire about the Y’s need-based financial assistance.
What does the Summit Area YMCA have to offer?
Classes, group exercise, state-of-the-art equipment, free child care, swimming pools, and more!
- Unlimited attendance to 100+ group fitness classes per week
- State-of-the-art fitness centers and exercise equipment
- Two heated swimming pools available everyday (at the Summit YMCA)
- InBody: Body Composition Analysis Scale (at the Summit YMCA)
- Open gym time
- Affordable personal and small group training
- Wellness Navigation
- Activtrax: Personalized workout plan software
- Invitations to special events
- Programs for kids, programs for adults, programs for everyone!
- A chance to join our mission and make an impact on your community
- Helpful, welcoming and caring staff
- Opportunities for you to be active, make friends, have fun, and discover who you are and what you can achieve!
- Improved self-confidence and a sense of belonging
- No annual contracts
- So much more!
For a tour, more information or to register to become a member, visit www.thesay.org, or visit us in-person at The Summit YMCA at 67 Maple Street, Summit, NJ 07901 or at The Berkeley Heights YMCA at 550 Springfield Avenue, Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922.
The Summit Area YMCA is one of area’s leading 501(c)(3) organizations. Through the generosity of our members, donors, and partners, we are able to offer financial assistance for our programs and services to those with demonstrated need.