It's All New and It's All for You!
SUMMIT, NJ, DECEMBER 2018 – As we get closer to the holidays, the Summit Area YMCA is chiming in with the holiday spirit and is proud to announce upcoming NEW upgrades for members in 2019!
Beginning January 1, we're introducing a new group exercise class reservation system, new classes and new class times for easy day planning at both the Berkeley Heights YMCA & Summit YMCA. At the Summit Y, members can also get excited about an all new fitness studio creating more space for you to enjoy your favorite classes, an all new Teen Center on the first floor, as well as a new Kid Zone right inside our main gym where children can be engaged, learning and happy while you focus on YOU!
If that wasn't enough, the Summit Area YMCA (SAY) will also be introducing an all new Y mobile app in the New Year for all SAY members to enjoy! Scan into the Y from your phone and gain access and ability to everything happening at the SAY... view Group Exercise, Gym and Pool schedules, reserve your spot in class with just one-click, engage in awesome Y fitness challenges for prizes, record and track your workouts, earn member rewards, easily search and register for programs, find fun Y events, see our latest announcements and special offers and MUCH MORE with just the click of a button on your mobile device! In line with the ‘New Year New You’ theme, the SAY's new integrated mobile Y app is bringing more convenience and ease to our members so you can spend more time focusing on your wellness goals.
We value you as an important part of our Y family and are committed to helping you reach your highest potential! To that end and based on your feedback, we have also made and continue to make improvements in 2018 for you that include:
BERKELEY HEIGHTS YMCA:
- • Additional evening and early morning group exercise classes such as Body Sculpt, Les Mills Tone, Friday Fitness Fix and more classes.
- • Extended Kid-Zone hours on Friday evenings to give parents peace of mind while they workout.
- • Free Healthy Hearts & Cardiac Maintenance Exercise Program* helps those at risk of cardiac disease or those recovering from a cardiac event to begin to exercise in a non-medically supervised small group setting.
- • Developing and hosting unique community events such as Diwali, Lunar New Year, Welcoming Week, Celebrate Pride and more that demonstrate our meaningful commitment to global diversity and inclusion.
- • Construction is underway for our brand new Berkeley Heights YMCA facility and Community Pool at 59 Locust Avenue in Berkeley Heights and is on schedule to make its debut in 2020!
*Our Healthy Hearts & Cardiac Maintenance Program is also available at the Summit YMCA
- • A recently launched and absolutely free Wellness Navigation program where you can partner with our supportive, knowledgeable navigators to help you move forward on your wellness journey.
- • Our free In-Body system which has enabled numerous members to learn more about their body and lose a combined 2,572 lbs of fat and gain 1,371 lbs of muscle mass. Simply step onto this body composition analyzer for 45 seconds and learn what it can do for you!
- • The ReAct Trainer which will prepare you for the upcoming ski or snowboard season and improves your muscles’ ability to absorb impact and prevent injuries. Improved balance, coordination, core strength and stability are additional benefits that you will appreciate.
- • Power Plate which is our Accelerated Training (TM) workout that incorporates a series of core strengthening exercises for your back and abs to improve core stability, muscle endurance, posture and balance. This 25-minute workout includes a warm up and rewards you with a massage!
- • Additional new group exercise classes offered at consistent times to allow you to better plan your day and enjoy more exercise options. Keep an eye out for ViPR workouts, Cardio Salsa and Les Mills Tone!
- • State-of-the-art Keiser bikes in the fitness center and in the cycling room that take your indoor cycling experience to the next level.
- • Personalized small group classes that empower you to build your own classes or participate in personalized TRX, Rip Trainer or Barre Bounce on mini trampoline classes.
As always, at the Summit Area YMCA we are dedicated to you because we are committed to supporting the individual and strengthening the community. We welcome feedback and suggestions and encourage all members to participate in our annual member satisfaction survey so that we may continuously improve and enhance our services, programs, and offerings so that the Y and the community may always learn, grow and thrive together.
Interested in joining the Summit Area YMCA? We have a number of special offers going on now! Inquire today by visiting www.thesay.org/join or www.thesay.org/special-offers to learn more!
Questions? Contact us!
Berkeley Heights YMCA: Tiffany Escott, Executive Director, (908) 464-8373, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summit YMCA: Terri Clinton, Executive Director, (908) 273-3330, email@example.com
About the Summit Area YMCA
The Summit Area YMCA is one of the area’s leading 501(c)(3) charitable organizations. Founded in 1886, the Summit Area YMCA has a history steeped in working side-by-side with our neighbors to ensure that everyone, regardless of age, income and background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. Each year, we serve more than 10,000 individuals with our free and fee-based programs and services in an area spanning the communities of Berkeley Heights, New Providence, Millburn, Springfield, Short Hills, Summit, Gillette, and Stirling. Through the generosity of our members, donors, and partners, we are able to offer financial assistance for our programs and services to those with demonstrated need.