Volunteer at the YMCA
Make a difference in our community.
Discovering the possibilities
The Summit Area YMCA is a cause-based, volunteer-driven and volunteer-led organization where individuals and groups work together to positively impact the lives of people in our community. We are grateful to the nearly 1,000 volunteers of all ages who help the Summit Area YMCA achieve its mission to nurture and develop the potential of every child, promote healthy living and well-being, and assist neighbors in need. We value your time and enthusiasm and look forward to working with you to have an enjoyable and fulfilling volunteer experience.
As a Y volunteer, be involved in volunteer opportunities that:
- Fit your personal interests and skills.
- Enable you to help out with a single event or register to make a difference at a few different events.
- Empower you to work with a diverse community of children or adults.
How will your efforts make an impact? You will:
- Enhance the lives of children, families, and seniors
- Share new ideas with others and help them to expand their horizons, learn something different, or have a new experience.
- Help families by nurturing those children whose parents are working.
- Encourage the Y’s community members to build new relationships and forge friendships.
- Enable children to participate in more physical activities and games.
- Help further the Y’s mission of youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
For more information contact: