The early years in each child’s life are vitally important to the person he/she will become. At The Learning Circle YMCA, we provide a nurturing, stimulating and happy environment where children feel secure to discover their potential as they reach developmental milestones. Because learning is constant in the circle of life, our goal is to provide each child with a strong foundation to ensure a bright future.
With over 60 years of experience, The Learning Circle YMCA is one of the most well-respected and experienced early education and child care programs in the community. We give parents peace of mind as they go to work comfortable in knowing that their child is nurtured, growing and safe.
Our programs offer Early Education and Care for children as young as 6 weeks old through all-day Kindergarten and we accommodate full-time, full or part-week schedules. Enrollment is ongoing, so we encourage you to schedule a tour.
- Individual goal setting for all children developed by their caregivers/teachers
- Consistent communication and progress reports between caregiver/teacher and parent
- Theme-based learning driven by high curriculum standards
- Variety of learning domains based upon sound knowledge of early childhood development
- Language Arts/Literacy activities
- Mathematics/hands on learning
- Science/hands on exploration
- Social studies/understanding the world around us
- Gardening projects that include activities in ecology, recycling, and growing seasons
- Technology in the Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms to enhance learning
- Service learning activities
- Variety of enrichment programs throughout the year – all curriculum based on NJ State Preschool Teaching and Learning standards
- Swim and gym activities at the Summit YMCA included for children age 3 years and older
- Local learning experiences/trips for children age 3 years and older with school bus transportation
- Reading is Fundamental activities including book distributions
- Nutrition and exercise lessons plus activities based on the Healthy U program, a Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield Initiative to keep children healthy and active
- Full-time nurse on staff
- Qualified, caring teachers committed to best practices in education
- All staff are certified in administering CPR, First Aid and Epi-Pens
- Lead teachers have college degrees and/or the national CDA credential (Child Development Associate)
- Ongoing professional development for all staff to ensure they
- Warm, caring environment
- Separate building for all-day Kindergarten complete with a learning garden
- Five excellent outdoor playground areas designed for each age group
- Quarterly review of building and classrooms to ensure security and safety
- Careful, responsible employment policies
- Infused with the Y’s mission to strengthen the foundations of community
- Core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility integrated in all programming
- Financial assistance offered
Enrolling at The Learning Circle YMCA
Registration is ongoing. The first step is to explore our educational programs firsthand by scheduling a visit to our center. Personalized tours may be arranged for those parents wishing to speak in depth with one of our Program Directors. Financial Assistance is available through a confidential application process.
Executive Director, Joyce Klimaski, Email Joyce
Licensed by the Stare of New Jersey Department of Children and Families.