The Summit Area YMCA has an exciting new opportunity for a Youth Development Executive! This position has responsibility for child care, camp, and teen programs from age 3 through high school in our 2 branch facilities and across our service area. This is a senior level position reporting directly to the President and CEO of a $13MM budget Association in a beautiful mid-New Jersey location.
The Youth Development Executive will manage and support Childcare/Camp and Middle School/Teen Directors providing programming for childcare, camp, teens, Achievers, Adventure Guides, Middle School programs, After-school programs, youth enrichment and youth sports. Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain consistently high quality care and programs for children and teens in accordance with Y standards
- Introduce innovative youth programs to meet the emerging and evolving interests and needs of diverse youth in the service area
- Recruit, develop and supervise staff
- Build and grow relationships with families, members and community partners
- Manage and oversee school buses, inclusive of scheduling, maintenance, purchase, etc.
- Assume leadership role in annual staff and community campaigns
- Develop and manage annual department budget and monitor expenses on a monthly basis.
- Support Association volunteer efforts through placement and engagement of volunteers
- Build strong and cooperative relationships with branch Executive Directors and their staff.
- Plan children’s activities in the branches and communities.
- Ensure that all equipment and facilities are well maintained.
- Serve as a champion for child sexual abuse prevention
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a child related field, or equivalent
- 5 years of demonstrated success in leading, developing and growing youth programs
- 5 years of staff supervision experience in a diverse environment
- High level of aptitude for relevant computer applications
- Ability to effectively communicate with members, families, and staff on the phone or in person.
- Patience to deal with high volumes of people, issues, and competing priorities.
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills for dealing with a variety of situations and with diverse people.
- Resumes until Friday, July 25, 2014
Salary range: $70,000-$80,000
Relocation Allowance available
Full range of benefits including subsidized medical and dental, fully paid life and LTD, generous Paid Time Off, childcare subsidy, free family Y membership, and 12% Y Retirement contribution