The Sr. Director of Child Care/ Camp develops, manages, and grows the child care and camp programs for the Association, with the exception of The Learning Circle Branch. The Sr. Director Child Care/ Camp ensures that the child care and camp programs operate with consistency and in a quality manner adhering to Y guidelines and all State and local licensing requirements. The Sr. Director of Child Care/Camp is responsible for the staffing and transportation required for child care and camp programs.
Coordinates the development and management of the Association’s child care and camp programs to meet community needs and achieve the Association’s operating objectives established in the Strategic Plan.
Works with the Youth Development Executive in the development of program strategies and program quality standards.
Establishes long range plans in conjunction with the Youth Development Executive to expand programs and services within the community in accordance with the Association’s strategic plan.
Represents and promotes the Y in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities.
Provides outstanding customer/member service and meets all Association standards.
Manages child care staff and programs in accordance with State Licensing requirements, including certifications, background checks and annual training.
Recruits, trains, schedules, supervises, and develops all child care and camp staff and volunteers.
Plans, promotes, directs, and administers programs and service delivery.
Establishment and/or maintenance of ACA camp accredidation.
Develops annual budget and monitors budget on a monthly basis to meet fiscal objectives.
Addresses inquiries and complaints, and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Ensures appropriate data collection and data tracking to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
Assists in the marketing and distribution of child care program information.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, human/social services, child development or a related field with a preference for teaching certification.
- At least 5 years' experience managing a licensed child care operation.
- Knowledge of NJ State Licensing rules and obligations.
- Camp supervisory experience preferred.
- Strong skills in human relations, budgeting/fiscal management, fund raising, membership/program/community development, volunteer/staff development, committee and board relations and staff supervision.